- Restrict Skype for Business access to devices managed by MDM
- Conditional access based device security complacence settings in MDM
- Prevent access from jail broken or rooted devices
- Supports market leading MDM vendors
- Multi factor authentication based on MDM identity
- Optional no password SSO solution
SkypeShield offers Mobile Device Managment (MDM) Conditional Access Solution, which verifies that only devices that are compliant with company’s security policy, as defined by the MDM vendor, can access the corporate network through Skype for Business (Lync).
SkypeShield’s solution validates that devices are compliant with the settings defined by the MDM vendor. Once a device fails to comply, all Skype for Business sessions are terminated automatically and access is immediately blocked. For example, Skype for Business access may be blocked to a device that has become jail broken or rooted, or if the user has removed MDM control from the device.
During the sign-in process and throughout the Skype session, SkypeShield verifies that the device is listed as a valid device on MDM server and is not listed as Out Of Compliance.
SkypeShield leverages the MDM device owner identify to add another security factor to the authentication process.
Based on this capability, SkypeShield now offers a no-password Single Sign On authentication by trusting the MDM identity for the authentication.
For other MDM vendors please refer to: MDM Binding